Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome to the MomDot Blog Party! (And my 100th Post!!)

I am so incredibly thrilled that this is Post 100! What a way to hit it!

So our Theme for Day 1: Intro to Blog Party, Introduce us to your family and share Holiday pics or videos of past years.


Sponsors: Day One Blog Party Question is Brought to you by La Belle Toile and This and That by Randi

VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT

So you want to meet the Zoo? Brace yourself!

So first there’s me – I’m Sarah and I’m the Zookeeper (aka Mom!). When I’m not blogging (all 6 hours of the day that that happens!), I really enjoy cooking and baking; playing playdough; sewing and on the occasion that I can hide out on the deck with a book and a coffee – reading. I grew up in rural PA and now live in suburban Atlanta. I am not June Cleaver or Martha Stewart but I try really hard (or so I pretend).

Five minutes ago after children!>





Then you have Beloved, the Large Male Lion, my hubby Stephen. We met at the bank where I was working in 2002, and became pretty good friends. Our first official date was for New Year’s 2003 and in October of the same year we were married. I poke fun at him a lot but I love him with all I am and really don’t know where I would be without him – probably back in PA counting cows for a living.

Which brings us to Molly, Mo or as she is known here at the Zoo the Orangutan. Our firstborn is a bit of a wild thing. She has a very vivid imagination and loves to draw, sing, and make up stories. Mo is a HUGE Scooby Doo fan but has recently taken to singing the Smurfs theme song. What can I say? We like Boomerang!

Tucker. What in the world can I say? He comes by his Small Male Rhino alter ego naturally. Stephen and I can be stubborn but this boy makes us look like waffle makers. If he has made his mind up to do (or not do) something, you had better have large reserves of fruit on hand to make him change his mind. He is a very funny child and for those who can understand his small speech issues he can come out with some really great one liners. To which he would reply, “Aww shucks Ma! It’s nuffin!”

And now for the Pygmy Marmoset also known as Meghan, Munch or Mega Munch. If you took Mo and Tuck and mashed them together you would have Munch. She can throw a fit with the Rhino that makes dogs howl but she will dance and sing with Molly every chance she gets. I gave her the nickname Munch when she was very small because it was next to impossible to keep up with her appetite. Now that she is a full blown toddler I really don’t have to worry about it. If everyone else has left the table she just moves from seat to seat and finishes off the leftovers. Very entertaining to watch!

And finally you have the Security Guard, our Jack Russell, Max. I brought him into this family when he was just a couple of years old and Stephen was kind enough to adopt him. Now you would never know he was ever MY dog. Meghan wakes up in the morning looking for him. Tuck tries to get him to sleep in his bed every night and Daddy-O really doesn’t know how to nap without Max curled up with him. At eight years old he is incredibly tolerant of the ear pulling and belly hugging but every now and then I get that look that says, “Mom! Make them stop!”

And that my friends is The Zoo. It's a busy little place but we call it home. Feel free to stop by anytime! There may even be some cookies in it for you! Happiest of all theHoliday Seasons!

Want to Party like a rock star with the rest of the Mom Dotters? Head over to MomDot and meet the rest of the crew!

Photobucket





42 comments:

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

What a beautiful family, now I totally get why it's called The Zoo. I thought you were a real zookeeper lol

Jenna said...

LOL You crack me up everytime hun! The kids are adorable! And Congrats on the 100th Post!

Tena said...

how cute are you, you look like you would be a blast to hang out with! Beautiful family, and congratulations on your 100th post! Here's too many many more

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Too cool for this to be your 100th post! And what an adorable zoo you have!

CanCan said...

What an adorable "pride". Isn't that what a family of lions is called? Er, I could be wrong.

Hanging Off The Wire said...

I love how you included the dog! Of course he is part of the family. I should have included my cats! LOL.

Unknown said...

That's so funny about your baby girl! I wish I had someone here who would finish off everything! I can't get these people to eat.

Anonymous said...

Happy 100!!! You have a beautiful family!

Momstart said...

Beautiful photos, Congrats on your 100th post.

I love the pigtails, is that really 5 minutes after birth?

I couldn't stand I felt like I was going to pass out. I was so HUNGRY.

Trish said...

I LOVE the candy cane picture! That is hilarious. The jammies are super cute too!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I love reading your blog - it's always hilarious. Congrats on your 100 post, but ummmm...it says 99 on your blog archive. Am I reading that wrong?

Zip n Tizzy said...

You're a lovely, if wild, bunch!
Congrats on 100!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

Congrats on your 100th post! What a great way to celebrate! I have a Tucker too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on #100!! As always, beautiful zoo =) I really do think birth order effects personalities. Zoe is a little piggy most of the time too. She ate her whole dinner, a graham cracker, then went chasing Isabelle down for her PBJ.

Melissa said...

Fantastic intro! Love the Zoo Crew descriptions! I look forward to reading more as the party takes off!

Sandy said...

Beautiful family! I love the matching jammies.

MMJ said...

What a beautiful zoo!!

Andrea said...

What a big happy family! Congrats on your 100th post~

Natalie said...

Congrats on the 100th post! Your blog is great and your family seems wonderful

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th post...congrats!

Staci A said...

You have such a beautiful family! Congrats on your 100th post! What part of PA were you from? I still live here, counting cows-all I have to do is look out the window, lol.

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Very creative! I love the matching jammies.

Dee said...

HAPPY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Karen Coutu said...

I love the matching pjs!!! What a great looking family you have! I can't get over the cheeks on that baby.

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful. Your post made me laugh! Your kids are so cute. I love the last picture of the baby with candy!

Unknown said...

Adorable family!!!

Nice to "meet" you!

Lindi said...

WOW you have an amazing family, I love how you're so creative with the nick names. I'm so not creative!

Proud Mommy said...

Love the matching pj's and happy 100!!!!

Jenni said...

A beautiful family!!!

Jenni said...

And HEY Happy 100th post!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th and you in the pig tails is hilarious and kinda hot! Hope you had a great day! Here's My Day 1!

Anonymous said...

You have a great looking family and I loved reading about them. Cant' wait to hear more about holidays at the zoo.

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! What a happy family! The matching pjs are great :)

Shasta said...

I love the pics of the kids (and you!), your personality's just shine through the pics! The PJ Christmas pic is really cute too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah my kids are REALLY spaced! I wish I had them closer but I was having a hard time getting my husband on board for number 3 and 4. He thought 2 kids were just fine! LOL Then after number 3, his reasoning on waiting for number 4 was that number 3 was such a handful that we had to give him time to grow up a little! Oh, I am such a psycho too - the spacing does not make me any less insane! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
That was a fun post to read too!

FreeStyleMama - Diana said...

Happy 100 to you too!

Thanks for visiting mine!

Positively Peaches said...

LOVE IT! Munch reminds me of my Doble. He has the same type of appetite, but yet he is a skinny minny. Tall but thin. I love your descriptions of your kids. This is one zoo I would love to visit.

Rita @ My Precious Pennies said...

Wow...your dog reminds me of my rat-terrier sheltie. Maybe not as tolerant, but we're getting there =P

Rebekah said...

Wow, great pictures! I love your blog motif too! I grew up just outside ATL and I loved it! Congrats on the beautiful family, and Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 100th post! You have a beautiful family!

Caitlin said...

Ok, you are too funny. Pretty sure I have to sub you. Nice pics, :)