Saturday, November 22, 2008

There's a Reason They Wrap Them!


Ok. So I tried to spend the weekend catching up but the cyber lords were against me and crashed my computer. Can I just say that there are some really funny people out there? The take on some of these themes has been just to much fun! Did I say thank you to everyone who is participating yet? You guys have made this so much fun! But now it's time for the final push!


And now a little about the stuff that causes all the issues this time of year - the Gifts!

Sponsors: Day Nine Blog Party Question is Brought to you by jaC Jewelry, Cutie Covers and Sassy Baby.
VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT

Most unusual gift you have received? Best gift? Do you re-gift?

I should be grateful that nothing is rocketing to the front of my mind right? Then why am I so troubled by this?

I must be the most predictable person on the planet. People don’t get me off the wall gifts and if they are getting me a present they know me well enough to get something that fits. So sorry. No unusual gifts to be found here at the Zoo.

Oh but my best gift! Thank you L.M. Lion! I got the burgundy box. You are familiar with the burgundy box right? Well, just in case it is a regional thing, there is a jewelry store that packages in burgundy jewelry boxes. Mine just happened to hold some gorgeous pearl earrings with diamond accents. Unfortunately my children love pretties and are just now getting to the point where they don’t feel the need to pull on all things pretty that mom wears. I have not been able to wear them a lot but you can bet your buttons that I will be soon!

Re-gifting? I can’t say that I have (yet). But I have the perfect gift for the white elephant this year! I would post it but about the time I do the neighbors will start reading the blog on a regular basis and they will forbid me to bring it. Let’s just say elephant isn’t too far off. Holy ugliness! And my dad won it in a white elephant himself and felt the need to "give it to Mo since she loves elephants." Yeah right. That’s why you gave it to us.


Oh wait! Maybe I do have a most unusual!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the strangest gift I've ever recieved (and luckily there haven't been many) was one that a friend of mine gave me in high school. A napkin holder made of popsicle sticks. I was 17. Why would I need a napkin holder? And it was HIDEOUS. And she didn't make it herself... if she had it would have been somewhat understandable. But I was gracious and acted like I loved it all the same. I have no clue what happened to it, but I do know it never moved out of the house with me =)

Jenni said...

I know the Burgandy box!! Pretty earrings!

Unknown said...

I'm not familiar with the burgundy box... am familiar with the blue box, though!

Momstart said...

Pretty box

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Oh.... love those earrings! I want some this Christmas!