Saturday, November 22, 2008

All this Holiday Partying Got my Wheels Turning!

The blog party wraps up on Wednesday with the big prize pulls for the daily prizes and the Christmas of Dreams on Thursday. So I was thinking about the Christmas of Dreams and how so many people have said in their entries that they would want to share the package with other people.

With the economy at the center of all the news, it has become clear that it's a global problem. Everyone is struggling to make a Christmas this year. I decided a while back that I was going to try to make a homemade Christmas again this year. But I wanted to try to do something other than the same things I did last year. I want to try to find a little international flair for it. So for the next few weeks (after the blog party) and leading up to Christmas I think I might make my own little party here at the Zoo.

I am going to try to do a little research and learn different traditions from different cultures. Maybe I'll find some really great little decoration or gift ideas for all of you. We'll see what we can come up with. Know someone who lives in a different culture? Think they might be able to "school" me? Invite them to pop by! I'd love to have a guest blogger share some real life experience! (I'm talking to you Roomie!!)

So let's see what we can learn together this holiday. Shall we make it a global celebration?


Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, lol! You tell me what country you are looking for and I will go through my e-mail list to see who might be able to help you. Want something from Korea I can answer any questions you have. :-)

I think this is a great idea. I can't wait to see what treasures you uncover!

Momstart said...

That is a great idea!!