Tuesday, July 28, 2009

She's Gone Suburban!

I have prided myself in being off the beated suburban path. I don't do tennis lessons or tennis league. I don't like to shop. I don't do the Gap for my children and they are not in all manner of extracurricular activities (yet).


I DO drive a minivan but only because I have to for spacial reasons. And yes I do the carpool lane but that only started last year. I thought I had avoided becoming the stereotypical suburban housewife.


Then this summer happened. I've gone suburban!


Almost every day this summer we have donned our swimsuits and gone to the pool. I have been "that" mom sitting on the side of the pool lounging and reading a book while her children frolicked in the water. I have actually gone shopping for clothes and shoes for myself this summer and spent more than $50! Gasp!!


And now the final nail in the coffin. I have been invited to participate in a Bunco group! It's suburban housewife Yahtzee and only the suburban-est of them all are invited to play.


They say when a house pet goes wild and adapts they have gone ferile. I've gone suburban!!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bunco is way more soccer mom than Pokeno!