Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Tribute: Here's to You "Normal."

If you've been reading the Zoo for a while you know that I seldom play very many memes here. Most of that finds it's way over to The Bowl. But today there was one that I couldn't resist. Jay at Halftime Lessons and Deb at Dirty Socks and Pizza are the host of Tuesday Tribute. It's a weekly opportunity to bow to someone or something other than our ginormous egos.

This is my first time playing along but I have read quite a few of the tributes in the past. Let's see if I can do the meme justice. My Tribute to "Normal."

Welcome to My Norm!
There's a dino in the dining room
And a pick up in the tub.
There's a martian on the ceiling fan
And an ape under the rug.
A watermelon's sprouted
Underneath the bathroom sink.
And something quite unknown
Is making such a stink.
I saw a walrus hiding
In the pillows on mom's bed.
She hasn't found my toad yet
Or I'd probably be dead.
My little sister just ate dirt.
The big one flushed the phone.
I think I should try hiding
Until my Dad gets home.
I think my mom is losing it.
She's about to blow her stack.
'Cause she may have just discovered
She's standing in dog yack.
I'm pretty sure at other homes
This scene might make you squirm.
But around these parts my mom would say...
Welcome to my Norm.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ragmansdaughter said...

I love it! Now find someone that can illustrate it, and you have a wonderful kids book.

Alisha said...

I love it! Found you on mr. linky

debi9kids said...

That is just FANTASTIC and I have to say, sounds like the "norm" here too. LOL

Happy Tuesday!

Halftime Lessons said...

LMAO Sarah thats AWESOME!!

So creative!! I just dont have the poetic gift myself...much respect!!

Jay

Jennifer said...

***Applause!!!***

Snap said...

Wonderful, wonderful!

Thanks!