Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting a Head Start on Ruining my Children's Education!

I started thinking about it while we were at Home Depot today. Everytime I want my children to remember something I make a rhyme or rythm out of it. Here are just a few things my poor children were subjected to today.

*Nothing in your nose that isn't wearing clothes.

*Saddle up, buckle up, rah, rah, rah!

*Skirt off, sleeves on, socks plus shoes.

*Put it in the potty or Mom will think you're naughty!

*Seat in the seat or you're not gonna eat!

*Chin to the sky - no bubbles in your eyes.

Do you see what I am doing to my children? If educators can make it rythm and rhyme, my children are never going to remember it! I can see right now that the rest of my parenting life is going to be spent pouring over their schoolbooks rhyming their spelling words, state capitals, and history notes.

I wonder if I can get advance copies of the kindergarten curriculum. I have a lot of work to do before August!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the nose one. It made me laugh. I can see one of them sticking a Barbie leg up their nose and saying "But Moooooooommmmmm, she has clothes on!!!" LOL

TheXMom said...

Love the rhymes, but don't get the nose one or the skirt off, sleeves on, socks plus shoes... further explanation needed please.