Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Creative or Lazy? Again!

If you follow along with my Wordless Wednesday's then you saw my lazy moment a few weeks ago when instead of going to get extra storage I just converted the Christmas garland into Valentine's garland.

Well, my lazy ways haven't really changed apparently. Watch my menu evolution for this week so far.

Monday - Pot Roast simmered all day in beef boullion. Served with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. (Reserved boullion)

Tuesday - French onion soup (the reserved boullion + 2 Spanish onions) simmered all day and served with homemade sourdough bread rolls.

Tonight - Pulled beef barbeque sandwiches (made from left over roast) served on (leftover) sourdough rolls. Oven roasted potatoes for a side.

Did you see that? I managed to make one meal on Monday and convert it into 3 meals. And I'm thinking that there is a very good chance we'll be Fridge Diving tomorrow night which will mean potato pancakes (leftover!) and French onion soup (leftover)! Is it possible that I just fed my family for four days on a $10 pot roast, 79 cent pack of onion soup mix and a $2 bottle of barbeque sauce?

So again I ask you...Creative? Or just Lazy?
Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Not lazy, very smart!

Anonymous said...

Nope, not lazy. Thrifty and creative is more like it. =)

Cathy said...

I would say that is pretty darn resourceful!

Tena said...

You are super duper smart, that's what you are!!

Jenni said...

VERY clever! I can't even make ONE meal, let alone 3!

TheXMom said...

How big was that roast??? Either you got one heck of a roast or my family over eats... LOL!!