Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Praise the Lord and Pass the Mashed Potatoes!


Can we say blurry eyes? Holy cow! Let's just see. I comment on an average of 15-20 blogs a day; we've been at this for 11 days now? So I'm up to about 165-220 comments? No wonder my contacts took themselves out last night! But you know what? I'm going to miss it. This has been a real treat! And of course I have added so many blogs to my blogroll! Yay! So here we go!

Sponsors: Day Eleven Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Shishu Style and Mimsi Bags.
VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT
This was by far one of the hardest questions of the whole party! I hope the rest of the participants did better than I did.

If you could only eat ONE food on Thanksgiving Day, what would it be? Do you have a homecooked meal for Thanksgiving or do you go out to eat? Does your family dress up?

Yay! It’s almost here! I L-O-V-E Thanksgiving! I should have been a cook. Cooking and baking are my therapy when nothing else will soothe my savage breast (which I baste every 90 minutes BTW!) The warmth. The smells. The challenge. The suspense that it all came out right! I’m getting the giddy shakes already!

Oh yes. It is definitely home cooked here. We start with the stuffing which is packed with sausage, onions, celery, garlic, and mushrooms. We fill the turkey and we peel the REAL potatoes. We stew and relish cranberries. The pies, apple, cherry and pumpkin, are baked first thing in the morning to tempt all day. There is a green bean casserole, baked butternut squash or sweet potatoes, and gravy. The table ends up so full that we pass the plates instead.

In regards to dressing? Promise you can keep a secret? I dress from the waist up – pictures and all you know. But you can bet that my legs are tucked inside some nice, stretchy, comfy-under-any-pressure yoga pants! Oh yeah! It’s not about the waist band for me. It’s about the easy transition from Cooking Nazi to Tryptophan Coma Girl. If you are going to get a really good nap in after your meal you HAVE to be comfy!

And now the moment you have been pining for. If I could only eat one food on Thanksgiving what would it be? I like turkey. I love green bean casserole. Stuffing is killer. But if you are going to give me a plate of anything and tell me that that is the only thing I get all day? Bring on Mount Mashed Potatoes! Dump a tub of butter in the bowl and pass them over with a great BIG spoon! Remember the scene from A Christmas Story? "Show mommy how the piggy eats!" Gimmee those taters and I’ll re-enact it for you!

You may have noticed that there aren’t many full body shots of me around. Mashed potatoes will do that to a girl’s butt!

But I'm curious as to what my readers will pick as their one and only. Hmmm? But I'll warn ya, come after my taters and you may draw back a nub! Don't forget to check out the rest of the bleary eyed party animals over at MomDot and see what leftovers are out there for you!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite? That's a toughy. If I could travel back in time, I'd eat the whole pan of my grandmother's stuffing. But I've never found another stuffing to live up to that standard. =( So I guess I'll grab my own bucket of taters.

Anonymous said...

My favorite? That's a toughy. If I could travel back in time, I'd eat the whole pan of my grandmother's stuffing. But I've never found another stuffing to live up to that standard. =( So I guess I'll grab my own bucket of taters.

Sandy said...

Alright, I just had to wipe the drool off my chin! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Celina said...

Thanks for the laugh--I'd forgotten about "show mommy how the piggy eats!"

Anonymous said...

I love you. Just freakin' love you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tena said...

Classic, maybe I will follow your lead and dress from the waist up as well, but from the waist and below, well you all are in for a treat!
HA HA HA

Kelli said...

I'm right with you on the mashed potatoes!!! And I have the rear end of an elephant to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also LOVE the "how a piggy eats" scene from A Christmas Story...absolutely classic!!!!

Momstart said...

That's funny!

Staci A said...

I love a Christmas Story! All I can ever think is "meatloaf, meatloaf, double beat loaf, I hate meatloaf."

I'm with you on the yoga pants. I do the exact same thing. I have a "nice" gray pair I'm wearing with a sweater tomorrow.

Proud Mommy said...

I LOVE mashed potatoes!!!

Anonymous said...

that's a damn lot of commenting!

Unknown said...

first thing tomorrow i'm making a big ole pot of mashed potatoes! love them!

Terri said...

LOL...I have to go along with the good ole tub of mashed potatoes with the real butter on top of course :)and than back to slimming shakes, where is that recipe......

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I answered the same. Our mash potatoes sat in the boiled water TOO long today, so they weren't as good as normal!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Ok... you can have the taters! Wanna share the deviled eggs?

Karen Coutu said...

LOL at the "transition from Cooking Nazi to Tryptophan Coma Girl." Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!