Friday, June 5, 2009

86 Degrees and Sunny at Zoo Suburbia!

I will never get over the wonderment of raising a boy. I only have my one sister and never had the experience of living with a boy until I was about to marry him. This is a trip!

Our neighbors finally got to close the sale on their house this week (very sad day for me) so they had moving trucks and storage pods coming and going Wednesday as they packed up the last of their furniture. This of course creates an infinite parade of incredible vehicles for the obsessed Rhino to gaze at, drool over, and perpetually describe in great play by play detail.

In an effort to get a break from it all, I did the daily swimsuit and sunscreen drill an hour early and trekked everyone to the pool. We managed to stay two hours before he decided it was time to go check on the progress. Imagine his delight when we came around the corner and all the trucks were still there. Oh Happy Day!!

I practically had to drag him into the house and up the stairs to get his swim trunks off. "Please put your swim clothes in the washer and get your play clothes back on." I made sure I got him into his room and at least reaching for his dry clothes. I thought he was good to go so I ran to my room and changed.

As I passed his room on the way to the washer, I realized that he was no where to be found. But his blinds were moving. "Hey! What are you doing?"

He popped out from behind the blind on his floor to ceiling length window still completely, entirely, totally, without a stitch, butt naked. He had been standing in the middle of the window "sunning" the neighborhood while 4 movers, 2 truck drivers, and our neighbors had been marching up and down the driveway right next door.

Two choices came to mind about now. Fall through the floor in humiliation or laugh myself silly and pray that no one payed any mind to the four year old in the window!

I guess I should be grateful that the Orangutan hadn't done the same thing in the other window with him!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nope, not surprised. I've pulled my half-naked children out of their floor length window too many times to count. Not quite the same as a stark naked boy, but still enough to make realize that whoever designed houses with windows that go to the floor did not have small children.

Amanda said...

Boys are a neverending source of wondering whether we should crawl under a rock or just laugh as moms.

Alisha said...

Loving your blog! How cute it that?!?! My girls, particularly one, LOVES to be naked. I get her dressed in the morning, and she is stripped down to her pull up not even an hour later. Oh boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was funny! Did humor become funnier when we had kids? I think so!

Anonymous said...

Lmao...so cute! yep, my son did something similar! He flashed a policeman who came to the house when he accidentally dialed 911 and left the phone off the hook, while I thought everything was rosy and putting breakfast on the table at 6 o'clock in the morning!!