Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Lion's Take on Redecorating

Dear Lion, I warned you I was going to do this! Deal!

We have lived in our house for three years. Ask me how many rooms we have "decorated." How about half of three. No, I don't mean a room and a half. I mean we have half decorated three rooms. We painted the Orangutan exhibit - but no curtains or pictures on the walls. We painted the Rhino exhibit (when he was in a solo exhibit) and put up a valance and border. But when Marmoset came she evicted him to the Orangutan exhibit and I painted her exhibit. Again no pictures, but we do have a valance up. And then you have the Lion Den. It got painted but the one picture that was up before the painting still hasn't gone back up.

We're not so good at this decorating thing.

Well, the washing machine died yesterday so we are off to the great orange heaven (aka Home Depot) this weekend to get a new washer. Aha! The perfect chance! So I zipped the Lion an e-mail that went like this.

"Hey. I was thinking. Can we get some KILZ and paint for the bathroom while we are at Depot this weekend? We have the gift cards from Bed Bath and Beyond and Steinmart so maybe we could redo our bathroom for the cost of paint. I've been watching the mildew and the peeling ceiling for a while now so we need to do something.

Just an idea. I'll do the work."


That was a pretty generous offer I thought - especially considering all the little nooks and crannies and cutting in that need to be done.

The Lion's response? (And I'm pulling this right from the e-mail!)

"IT’S NOT MLDEW ITS CHARM"

My response? You can call it penicillin, love but it's still mold.

Let's hope I don't end up with this on the bathroom wall.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Bahahahaha! He Killz me.

Get it?

Karen Coutu said...

LOL!!! You'll have to show us before and after pictures!

There's an award here for you . . .

http://3garnetsn2sapphires.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-awards-past-present-and-future.html

Staci A said...

Oh my goodness...charm? You are (both) too funny! I'm with Karen, I definitely think this is picture-worthy!

Trish said...

Ha! I'm with you. I just barely painted our second room. We've lived here for 2 1/2 years. The 2 rooms on the main floor are semi decorated, but the upstairs is not painted nor does it have anything on the walls.